Monday 24 July 2017

"I Can Forgive My Husband If He Cheats On Me" - Omotola Jalade says.


In an interview with BroadwayTV, the pretty mother of four opened up on one of the pressing challenges in celebrity marriage, which is infidelity.
When asked if one should forgive a cheating spouse, Omotola said if they are a first time offender, one should forgive. Especially, if they are remorseful and they show sign of change.
She went on to say that if a spouse continuously cheats, a lot of things should be put into consideration; first the reason why they are repeatedly doing it, the situation surrounding it and the person in question. She said:

“Should one forgive a repeatedly cheating spouse? The first question to worry about is, why are they cheating repeatedly. The problem with us these days is that we are not patient.

The sin is very bad but the first thing we should do is assess the situation and the person in question. The questions are: who is this person really: is that the only problem?

Is this person a perfect person and the only problem is cheating? You have to weigh your options. For me, as a person, is this something I want to deal with? I have met a lady who told me she didn’t care what her husband does.

You can’t judge other people’s relationship, only they, can decide what to do. If it is just about cheating and nothing else, one may be able to live with it but when the person is hopeless, that’s another matter.”

“Everyone knows I can forgive anything if they tell me. Just make sure I know. If my husband does anything, I will expect him to tell me. I can get angry but if you tell me you are sorted, because I can defend you.

I may still be angry with you but I will defend you because you have told me. To me, honour is important. At that point I feel honoured. That is how my own brain is wired.

If you are honourable enough to tell me I will respect you. It doesn’t mean that you and I are cool, but I will stand by you.

But if you don’t tell me and I find out or someone else tells me , you have broken the honour chain. That’s the way it works for me.

My forgiving him doesn’t mean I am through with him. But that he tells me is healing enough for me. It doesn’t mean it is right what he did or I am okay with what he did but it’s healing to my soul.

I appreciate the fact that you are human, that you messed up and you owned up to it. And I am saying this in light of other things not just relationship.”

Omotola Jalade-Ekehinde married her husband when she was only eighteen and welcomed her first daughter, Princess, a year later. They have been married for 21years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presidency explains why FG is not giving funds to states to fight Coronavirus

The Presidency has explained why the federal government is not giving funds to states to fight the Coronavirus pandemic.